- Fight the urge to look cool and DO make yourself a map.
- Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, drive past 12 garage sales just to get to the one that you want to go to.
- Go to as many garage sales as you can.
- Whatever is at a garage sale is complete luck, but your job is to be able to be ready for it.
Don’t pay more than $20 for something unless you are absolutely sure you can make money on it.How much risk are you willing to take? If you’re that worried that the thing you just spent $50 on is a big paperweight worth NOTHING then there is your answer on whether to buy it right there.
- Be willing to make mistakes. Learn the lesson and don’t make the same exact mistake twice.
- Don’t be an idiot and park in the alley. You’re in the way and most importantly YOU WILL GET STUCK!
- Think ahead and bring good change (plenty of $1s, $5s, even quarters). You’d think that people that have garage sales always will have change, but usually, not so much.
- Most importantly, have fun… GO FIND SOMETHING COOL!